Please be advised that our Free TON Academy JURY proposal has received wide support on FORUM under Proposal: FREE TON ACADEMY SUB-GOVERNANCE - #42 by emmorozov
I am therefore copying JURY proposal here (with adjusted dates) and then to formal vote by SG Free TON Academy Initial members.
Free TON Academy Sub-Governance Jury Contest
We are planning to create a decentralized FT Academy Sub-Governance Jury with a total of up to 24 participants (including 14 Initial Members to vote for Proposals and 10 jurors to judge Contests). That is, up to 10 additional participants from the Free TON community who are willing to put in the time and efforts to study, interpret, analyze, vote, and deliver qualified feedback to contest submissions from contestants will be accepted into the Jury of the FT Academy Sub-Governance.
April 10, 2021 (00:00 UTC) – April 17, 2021 (23:59 UTC).
April 18, 2021 (00:00 UTC) – April 21, 2021 (23:59 UTC).
In an effort to decentralize processes within the Free TON FT Academy Sub-Governance, the Jury must be selected from the Free TON Community. This will help achieve the goals of decentralized Sub-Governance.
Motivational component of each contest will be taken into account, since voting is a honourable, difficult and responsible task.
Requirements for participants:
- Candidates who would like to be Jurors should send a resume (in PDF format) containing name, telegram ID, Public Key and Wallet address and describing their past educational and academic experience, contact information, candidate FREE TON Forum page address, reputation, and a brief description of why candidate thinks he or she would be best suited for the Jury and why they should be selected.
- Candidates must be members of the Free TON community, sign the Declaration of Decentralization and should preferably be active members of the Free TON community.
- If the candidate is a current juror in the Free TON community and/or a Member of one or more Sub-Governance, the candidate must provide this information with specifics.
- If the candidate is a representative of the same company as any of the Jurors, a relative, or a team member of one of the Jurors, the candidate must disclose this with the Juror’s affiliation.
- The candidates should have / be:
- Understanding how decentralized Community works;
- Conflict-free, objective view;
- Free time for detailed reading and all kinds of verification of participants’ submissions;
- Responsible and self-organized;
- Sufficient knowledge of English to read, understand, and provide feedback to submissions.
- Possess knowledge relevant to FT Academy SG purpose.
- Significant Educational and Academic achievements and teaching experience strongly preferred.
Rights and duties of the winner as a Jury member:
Winners will get the right to be a juror for each Free TON FT Academy Sub-Governance contest going forward and get the same reward as each contest describes for jurors. The award will be distributed in fair proportion to all jury members participating in the voting who have given a mark or “Reject” (but not “Abstain”), based on the quantity of votes within a specific contest.
In order to get the jury reward described in each contest, the juror must consider the following:
- Each juror should review each contest language and its requirements;
- The juror should review each contestant’s submission (uploaded in PDF format) and determine if each submission is within the scope of his or her understanding to judge it, and then vote as follows:
a) If outside of juror competence, the juror should vote to “Abstain”;
b) If within juror competence, the juror should vote on a scale of 1-to-10 with 1 representing least and 10 representing most qualified submissions;
c) If the submission is inappropriate, the PDF file is unopenable or corrupt, is a duplicate etc., the juror should vote to “Reject”.
- The juror should follow Contest instructions on score weights (if any), provide constructive and qualified feedback in the appropriate field describing the reason for their score.
- To reject the submission, only 50% +1 votes from those members of the jury who actually voted for this submission work are enough.
- Jury members must fulfill other duties and / or adhere to the rules that will be described in contests.
- Systematic violations of the rules or non-fulfillment of duties by a member of the jury may lead to expulsion by a proposal to expel.
As any civic duty dictates, every juror must remain objective to the best of his/her abilities in regard to voting, i.e., stick to the facts and the facts only, leaving any personal feelings aside.
Voting for new jury:
- Each of the Initial Members FT Academy Sub-Governance (they are also Jurors) can vote on candidate submission (Candidacy) to become a juror.
- Each juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 1 to 10 or can choose to reject it if it does not meet the requirements, or they can choose to abstain from voting.
- Jurors shall provide feedback for every submission.
- In order for a qualifying Candidate to become a member of the FT Academy Sub-Governance Jury:
- The submission must receive points 1-10 from 50%+1 votes of those Initial Members who actually voted for that submission;
- The submission must receive an average point of 6.00 or higher after voting.
- The Free TON FT Academy Sub-Governance Initial Members that form the original FT Academy Sub-Governance Jury will retain their Jury membership after this contest ends. All the rights and duties of the FT Academy Sub-Governance Jury specified in this contest apply to them as well.
- Jurors whose company, relative/s or team member/s intend/s to participate in a contest, cannot vote during that contest, even if they are a sitting juror.
- Each contestant that wins and becomes a juror will receive 100 TON Crystal as a welcome bonus.
- Each FT AcademySubGov Initial Member that votes in this Contest will receive 100 TON Crystals as a “thank you” bonus.
Feedback is mandatory in order to collect any rewards.
Accessibility. All submissions must be accessible for the jury to open and view, so please double-check your submission. If the submission is inaccessible or does not fit the criteria described, jurors may reject the submission.
Timing. Contestants must submit their work before the closing of the filing of applications. If not submitted on time, the submission will not count.
Content. Please submit in PDF format. If all or a portion of the original content cannot be in the form of a PDF, simply submit a PDF with links to that original content. Such links must be to files that cannot be edited after this contest is in the voting phase. If the file links are editable after voting, the jury can reject your submission. This is CRUCIAL! The message in the topic of the contest, which you refer to when submitting, must contain contact information.
Contact. Each submission must have an identifiable contact that can be matched with your description. If you have not provided a forum description for discussion, then your application should contain links to your online persona, for example, a Telegram ID (preferred) or other direct contact information that can confirm that the submitted work is yours. In the absence of confirmation by the contestant of the authorship of the submitted work, the submission is rejected.
Multiplicity. No multiple submissions are allowed for this contest.