Everscale.Academy Endowment and EVA Token Proposal March 2022
By Academy Advisor @emmorozov
Everscale.Academy is entering a new phase of its life. Like a baby that needs mother’s milk initially, at some point changes its diet to include hard food, the Academy has grown enough to not be dependent on Giver’s tokens and is now ready for commercialisation.
Since the latest 200,000 Evers were approved by the Main Governance for the Everscale.Academy in October 2021, the Academy has done the following:
- Trained 100+ developers in DeEducation Contest;
- Found jobs for 19 developers in Everscale Community;
- Created 8 sets of developer documentation in DevPride Contest;
- Published 27 additional Courses from 16 authors in DeCourses 2 Contest;
- Prepared and performed 6 master-classes on debots by SWI;
- Developed and introduced debot.monsters;
- Redesigned and restructured everscale.academy website primarily due to work by @ducktalesblock;
- Introduced Premium (Paid) Courses option;
- Published the first Blockchain Education Certification program by gbaglobal.org with participation of GBA’s Executive Director @gdache;
- Prepared the first joint Hackathon with ITMO under the leadership of Dmitry Gachko;
- Communicated educational Everscale opportunities to a wide audience - members of GBA, press, US and other countries Government and Legislature through participation in conferences/seminars in 4 countries by @emmorozov made possible by support of broxus.com, EverX, @mrbsunder1and31 and others;
- Agreed on a series of educational events with American Blockchain PAC in US Congress under the leadership of Todd White and Adelle Nazarian;
- Became recognized technology experts in several active blockchain-focused groups in Legal, DeFI, Voting, ID Management and Standards fields;
- Brought in crypterns.com and UnoFarm - partner blockchain education institutions considered by DeFi Alliance for its Grant.
- Agreed on a pilot for Cryptography SG contest winner - Nil Foundation and Mikhail Komarov to be tested in 2022 in the US with front end development by Alexander Zvezdin and NiFi Club team.
- At this time Academy wallet has 49 384,61 Evers;
- 305 493 Evers spent since Oct 2021 on Contests;
- Current obligations under past Contests 75 000 Evers as of 03.03.2022;
Therefore the deficit is 25,000 Evers to close existing promises.
Foundation and Academy.
Our goal is onboarding to Everscale ecosystem through education. This aligns well with the goals assigned to the Everscale Foundation in the approved on Oct 27, 2021 Proposal #214 FreeTON DeFi Alliance / Partnership Extension - #73 by cryonyx, with specific mention of “Educational materials, courses, and mentoring”.
We propose therefore that effective now the Academy:
- Is made the center point of all educational and informational activities on Everscale;
- Invites the Foundation to review its current structure, stats, roles and planned activities;
- Coordinates and prepares branded materials templates for presentations and conferences;
- Jointly with the Foundation determines Rewards and/or Grants for next periods;
- Asks its most active volunteers from IMs and Jurors pool to consider fixed terms and defined responsibilities supported by Non-profits standard salaries, paid in Evers monthly.
To make that possible we propose that Everscale Foundation creates the Academy Endowment as follows:
- Allocates 20% of its Tokens for this purpose;
- Establishes the Investment Committee to propose the Endowment investment structure and advise on risks;
- Tokens are invested if Investment Committee recommendation is accepted;
- Supporting liquidity of EVA Token should be one of the ways Foundation can support the Academy;
- Investment rewards are then sent to the Academy wallet monthly and form its budget;
- Principal invested amount is never reduced and is only adjusted for inflation, if any.
This structure will ensure that:
- No sales of Evers will be needed by the Foundation to achieve its goals,
- There is no risk to the Community and;
- Adequate funding for the Everscale Academy is available;
- Academy token receives support and grows in price.
In addition, to generate additional income and to increase TVL in the Everscale ecosystem, the Academy has launched its own token called EVA.
Foundation support can also come in the form of providing liquidity for EVA.
As always, any feedback from the Community on ways to improve is greatly appreciated and will be carefully analyzed.
Everscale.Academy - you are in the right place!
Comments by @ducktalesblock
Suggested roadmap - Suggested Roadmap structure