- Submissions: 18.10.2021 - 18.11.2021 23:59 UTC
- Voting: 19.11.2021 - 03.12.2021 23:59 UTC
The usage of traditional web is still massive and we can only dream of the Web Free concept becoming reality. We already have DeBots which provide users direct connection with blockchain. Though, user experience is still pretty limited - both by functionality and visualisation. What if we combine the traditional web navigation with built-in features of DeBots by injecting DeBot into web-pages. The interaction with them can be organized through browser extensions or wallets that support the technology.
Provide the developers with an easy-to-use solution of injecting DeBots into traditional web-sites. Provide the users with a convenient way of communicating with blockchain using familiar tools.
The solution should use one of the 2 ways (both is the better) of embedding to any site:
- iFrame from a third-party website
- Web Components (custom HTML element)
Web Component could be provided using JS-script placed in CDN or using NPM-package.
The code of DeBrowser can be used from the submissions of previous contests or created by the participant from scratch to fit the conditions of the current contest. Browser extension with the needed modifications can be also be used from the previous contests.
To reach the needed security level when creating and signing the transactions it’s essential to fit the following criteria:
- while using an extension: the keys should be stored in the extension and not transmitted to the browser
- while using a mobile app: generation of a QR code (or link)
The solution should be visually customizable to seamlessly adopt it in site of different design. The list of customizable options should include but not be limited to:
- color palette
- fields and controls/buttons (customizable UI)
- DeBot and dApp server address binding
- on/off switching of particular control elements
Submission format and requirements
- GitHub repository
- PR in freeton repository
- Open-source license
- Submissions with failing builds/tests/samples will be rejected
- Video presentation - a strong plus
- Apart from uploading a submission, a code should be submitted in accordance with GitHub - freeton-org/readme 3 .
- Code quality & documentation
- Providing the possibility of interaction between DeBot Browser and web-site (automatic data reading, automatic data entering) and with the user’s wallet (to sign the transactions) will be a huge plus.
- The juror must have a solid understanding of the described technology to provide a score and feedback. If not, the juror should choose to ‘Abstain’.
- Jurors or whose team(s) intend to participate in this contest by providing submissions lose their right to vote in this contest.
- Each juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 1 to 10 or can choose to reject it if it does not meet requirements or vote ‘Abstain’ if they feel unqualified to judge.
- Jurors must provide feedback on submissions or lose their reward.
- The Jury will reject duplicate, sub-par, incomplete, or inappropriate submissions.
1st place………… 80 000 TON
2nd place………… 50 000 TON
3rd place………… 30 000 TON
4th place……… 20 000 TON
5th place……… 15 000 TON
6th place……… 10 000 TON
7th place……… 8 000 TON
8th place……… 6 000 TON
9th place……… 4 000 TON
10th place……… 2 000 TON
Minimum score to receive reward for 1 - 5 places is 6.
Minimum score to receive reward for 6 - 10 places is 3.
Overall prize pool: 225 000 TON
Note: If the number of winning submissions is less than the number of rewards available, any remaining rewards are not subject to distribution and are considered void.
Rewards distribution model
Winners receive 20 000 TON of their rewards when contest results are evaluated. The remaining amount is distributed within a 6 month period in equal parts on a monthly basis. To receive all distributions, the solution should be supported within vesting timeframe:
- Github issues should be responded to within 3 days.
- The code should be updated within a reasonable timeframe - 2 weeks maximum
- Major GitHub Issues should be resolved within a reasonable timeframe - 2 weeks maximum
An amount equal to 5% of the prize fund divided by the number of rewarded places and multiplied by the number of submitted works will be distributed to every jury member who vote and provide feedback. The formula for calculating the reward of the jury member for this particular contest is as follows:
Jury reward = 225’000 * 0,05 / 10 * number of submitions;
This percentage will be awarded on the following basis:
- Detailed feedback is mandatory to collect any rewards.
- Voting for all submissions is mandatory to collect reward.
- The votes of the jury members who did not receive the rewards for the reasons listed above will not be counted.
- Jury rewards are distributed in full upon the end of voting regardless of the long term outcome.
- Jury members are expected to communicate with participants and answer questions about the criteria for the assessment.
Defence of contest submissions
At the end of the submission acceptance period, AMA-session will be appointed for participants, jurors and everyone else. At this session, each contestant team has to present their work.
The preferable presentation language is English. The presentation time should not exceed 10-15 minutes.
If a contestant cannot present the work on-line, they should make a video recording and publish it on YouTube but any questions that arise should be answered.
An amount equal to 3 % of the prize fund will equally distributed amongst community members who participated in organization of the contest:
The same percentage of the monthly reward will be received by the persons responsible for its distribution (vesting distribution overhead).
Contest announcement and attracting new members rewards
An amount equal to 5% of the prize fund will be allocated to announcing partners who participates in announcing the contest in different media according with the following table: media list for technical contests announcements, to be distributed equally among them:
Each participant of the contest, when submitting an application, will be asked through which announcing partner he/she learned about the contest. After the end of the contest, for each participant who won a reward, an amount equal to 5% of his/her reward will additionally be distributed:
- To the announcing partner who attracted him, if the referral was given during work submission;
- Or equally to all aforementioned partners of the announcement program, if the referral was not specified.