Submission period: May 7, 2021 00:01 UTC - June 30, 2021 at 23:59 UTC
Voting period: 20 days
Background and Description
Anonymous token protocol. Faster and cheaper alternative to ZCash. No need for
Recent community discussion revealed there are several anonymous token protocol
design considerations circulating around and no clear publicly audible design
description is present. This means, before announcing the anonymous token protocol
implementation contest, there is a need to determine the particular design to
for the implementation and agree on it to avoid misunderstandings.
Instructions for participants
This contest supposes participants to design the anonymous token protocol using
the recently introduced Groth16 proof verification instruction.
Proof generation and circuit construction documentation is available at: Crypto3 Cryptography Suite.
In case there is no VERGRTH16 instruction available in primary cluster,
participants are supposed to use the test cluster based on C++ ZKP TON client.
Network configuration used for the contest is available here:
ton-proof-verification-contest/testnet.config.json at master · NilFoundation/ton-proof-verification-contest · GitHub.
- Protocol design should address transactions involving “token” transactions (in terms of protocol application logic) to become theoretically untraceable.
- Formal description with provable statements (with formal proofs present, for sure).
- The design may involve
VERGRTH16TVM instruction usage.
- The design is better to be compatible with TIP-3 token standard.
Evaluation criteria and winning conditions
- A participant should do a presentation of her solution at a convenient time agreed with DevEx members.
- Jurors whose team(s) intend to participate in this contest by providing submissions lose their right to vote in this contest.
- A jury from other sub-governance groups could be added to this contest to provide additional technical expertise.
- Each juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Jurors should provide feedback on each submission.
- The jury will reject duplicate, subpar, incomplete, or inappropriate submissions.
Only submissions with an average score equal to or more than 6.0 can get a reward.
1st prize 100 000 TONs
2nd prize 75 000 TONs
3rd prize 50 000 TONs
4th prize 30 000 TONs
5th prize 25 000 TONs
6th-10 prize 20 000 TONs
Note: In case the winning submissions amount is less than the number of rewards available, any remaining rewards are not subject to distribution and are considered void.
An amount equal to 15% of all total tokens actually awarded will be distributed equally between all jurors who vote and provide feedback. Both voting and feedback are mandatory in order to collect the reward.
An amount equal to 2 % of the prize fund will be allocated to members who participated in organizing the contest, to be distributed equally among them:
- Participants must upload their work correctly so it can be viewed and accessible in the formats described. If work is inaccessible or does not fit the criteria described, the submission may be rejected by jurors.
- Participants must submit their work before the closing of the filing of applications. If not submitted on time, the submission will not count.