Propose your contest and get rewarded!
Propose a new and original contest.
Periodical contest, if successful (semi-annually)
Contest submission period
January 31, 2021 12:00 P.M. UTC - February 14, 2021, 12:00 P.M. UTC.
The Best Contest Ever (BCE) competition pursues following goals:
- to generate new ideas
- to attract new talents to Meritocratic Token Distribution procedure
- to stimulate the creativity of community members
- to break trough the contest stagnation
- to speed up the token distribution and community growth
- to provide the feeling for a “good” and a “bad” contest via resulting chart
- to “feed” the mid-term agenda with new brilliant contests
- and much more…
- The proposal text must be formulated very clearly and not allow double interpretations.
- The proposal text must be well formatted and structured.
- The contest must obviously contribute to the rise of the FreeTON project.
- The contest results must be measurable.
- Completion of all tasks must be realistic within the specified time frame.
- Rewards must be adequate for both: winners and jurors.
- The contest must contain an original idea and not repeat previous contests.
- If special judging skills are required within the contest, the competition must be clearly assigned to at least one corresponding sub governance. Not assigned contests are held under the auspices of the main sub-governance.
- The contest must be transparent and avoid blatant budget cuts, corruption schemes and failure to fulfil after-contest obligations.
- Participants are prohibited from publicly reacting to the comments of other community members, commenting on the submissions of other participants and the work of judges until the end of the voting.
- A preferred contact address must be specified in the proposal text. One or more options from following are allowed: TON Surf address, Telegram ID, FreeTON forum PM (private message).
- Find an original contest idea and propose it to the community within the specified time frame
- Start new topic on the forum in the best matching section. Make sure you’re in the proper sub-governance, if necessary. Describe your idea. Take care of the text formatting and structure. Use past successfully performed contests as an example or refer to that guide.
- Submit your contest proposal as a PDF file by using the corresponding form on https://gov.freeton.org/ . Under “submission link” provide the link to the FreeTON forum thread containing your contest proposal.
- Stay cool while waiting for voting results
- Each of the initial juror of the main FreeTON sub-governance can vote on your submission. Jurors whose team(s) intend to participate in this contest by providing submissions lose their right to vote in this contest.
- Each juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 0 to 10 or can choose to reject it if it does not meet requirements above, or they can choose to abstain from voting if they feel unqualified to judge.
- Jurors will provide professional feedback on your submissions.
- Duplicate, sub par, incomplete or inappropriate submissions will be rejected.
- Works rated with less than 5.00 average points will be excluded from the reward list due to low quality. Not allocated rewards remain on the giver account.
Thirty top rated works will be rewarded as follows
1st prize…………………7,500 TONs
2nd prize…………………6,250 TONs
3rd prize……………………5,000 TONs
4th prize………………………3,750 TONs
5th prize…………………………2,500 TONs
6-10th prize………………………1250 TONs each
11-20th prize……………………….500 TONs each
21-30th prize…………………………100 TONs each
Total: 37250 TONs
An amount equal to X% of the total contest budget awarded to winners will be divided equally between all jurors who vote and provide feedback. Both voting and feedback are mandatory in order to collect this reward.
X = number of adequate, unique and not spam-like submissions x 0,15
Number of Jurors: 14
Works submitted: 139
Reward factor: X = 139 x 0,15 = 20,85
Jurors total reward: 37250 / 100 x 20,85 ≈ 7767
Reward a Juror: 7767/ 14 ≈ 555
Number of Jurors: 21
Works submitted: 81
Reward factor: X = 81 x 0,15 = 12,15
Jurors total reward: 37250 / 100 x 12,15 ≈ 4526
Reward a Juror: 4526 / 21 ≈ 216
Procedural reminders to all contestants
- Contestants must upload their work correctly so it can be viewed and accessible in the formats described. If work is inaccessible or does not fit the criteria described, the submission may be rejected by jurors.
- Contestants must submit their work before the closing of the filing of applications. If not submitted on time, the submission will not count.
- Multiple submissions from the same person are allowed in general as long as they propose different contest ideas!
Winning the BCE competition does not guarantee that the contest proposal will be accepted and the contest will be held in real, but it significantly increases the chances of such an outcome of events.
It is your chance to win this time!
P.S.: That is a preliminary draft, open for discussion and corrections. Feel free to comment and look for bugs!