A combot-type bot with crystal distribution functions will be a “killer-app” for growing the Free TON community and promoting adoption.
Our community can quickly develop a combot-like bot, given the bots I have seen from members like Stanislav, Broxus, PokerTON etc. In my opinion, it would be much better for the Free TON community to develop and control it’s own tonbot vs. crystal distribution through a privately-controlled, 3rd-party bot. This would give the Free TON community and governance control over how tonbot is promoted, what channels it is used in, new features development, analytics collection and use, crystal distribution strategies, and distribution amounts - I think all of these are very important.
I believe it will be easy to convince admins to add tonbot to their cryptocurrency (and many other) channels, given the obvious benefits for the admins and their members. Who would prefer to receive “reputation points” over TON crystals? After one or two popular channels add the tonbot, the rest will follow to remain competitive. After our (friendly) Trojan horse is inside the gates - we can add new win-win ways for the tonbot to support the project and channels (this would not be possible with a 3rd party solution)
Contest: “tonbot” development
- Warm-up / commenting / contest improvement period: 10 October - 25 October 2020
- Submission period: 26 October - 18 December 2020??
Develop a telegram bot similar to combot, with crystal distribution and other creative features that can support the Free TON community and project. The tonbot should not be a combot clone with tokenized reputation - it should have unique and creative features that maximize the promotion and adoption of Free TON and participation in the Free TON community.
A combot-type bot with crystal distribution functions will be a “killer-app” for growing the Free TON community and promoting adoption. See background (above) for more.
Evaluation criteria and winning conditions
- Final document should be presented in form of white-paper, including an abstract as a preliminary overall description of the system
- Link to documentation at Github/Gitlab or another open repository, with the obligatory backlink to your submission in the repository’s README
- Detailed structured documentation for each part of the system
- Easy to follow instructions for future adopters
- System must be tested in the community chats and proven to operate reliably
- Features and strategies that maximize real user adoption (not just random airdrops etc.)
- Features and strategies that maximize community growth (promote, inspire, recruit, etc.)
- Features that minimize scammers and sybil “attacks”
- Clean UI/UX
- Competitive features with: Combot
- Clean code to support future feature additions by other developers
- Google Doc with the white-paper open for commenting and containing the backlink to the submission.
- Preferably to use block diagrams, schemes, etc. (if applicable)
1 place………………,………… 150,000 TONs
2 place…………………….…… 100,000 TONs
3 place………….……,……,…… 75,000 TONs
4 place……………………,.,…… 50,000 TONs
All legitimate entries will receive at least 50k TONs.
- 0.25 TONs for each legitimate new user after deployment (capped at 250,000 TONs)
If no participant will demonstrate a competitive, reliable tonbot, an additional stage of contest may be announced later.
- Jury members who vote in this contest must have a solid understanding of the technology. Those jurors who don’t, should not vote or choose “Abstain.”
- Jurors whose team(s) intend to participate in this contest by providing submissions lose their right to vote in this contest.
- Each juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 1 to 10 or can choose to reject it if it does not meet requirements or choose to abstain from voting if they feel unqualified to judge.
- Jurors will provide feedback on your submissions.
- The Jury will reject duplicate, sub-par, incomplete, or inappropriate submissions.
It would also be fun and effective to add the bots to our chats, test for one month, conduct a community poll and add bonus score/points for winner(s)
An amount equal to 5% of the prize fund will be divided equitably between all jurors who vote and provide feedback based on their votes’ quantity and quality. Both voting and feedback are mandatory to collect this reward.
Procedural reminders to all contestants
- Accessibility. All submissions must be accessible for the Jury to open and view, so please double-check your submission. If the submission is inaccessible or does not fit the criteria described, jurors may reject the submission.
- Timing. Contestants must submit their work before the closing of the filing of applications. If not submitted on time, the submission will not count.
- Contact information. All submissions must contain the contestant’s contact information, preferably a Telegram username by which jurors can verify that the submission belongs to the individual who submitted it. If not, jurors may reject your submission.
- Content. The content published in the forum and the provided PDF file should not differ, except for formatting. Otherwise, jurors may reject the submission.
- Well-formed links. If your submission has links to the work performed, the content of those links must have the contestant’s contact details, preferably a Telegram username, so jurors can match it and verify whom the work belongs. If not, jurors may reject your submission.
- Multiple submissions.
- Each contestant has the right to provide several submissions if they contain different approaches to the contest problem’s solving. However, if works are not unique enough or differ just in insignificant details, jurors may reject such repeating submissions.
- If the contestant wants to make an additional submission that overrides the one previously published, he must inform the Jury about this fact and indicate the correct revision to assess. In this case, only the indicated work will count. If the contestant hasn’t indicated the updated submission as the correct one, only the first one will count, the Jury will reject all the others.
Anyone can participate, but Free TON cannot distribute Tons to US citizens or US entities.
Feedback on This Contest is Strongly Encouraged
Please consider this proposal a draft. Feedback to improve this contest specifications and design are strongly encouraged. Also, if you are not a potential contestant, but have some cool ideas for tonbot post them below.